About The Department
The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2008 . Our Mission is to provide conducive environment for technical learning and Equip the learners to have desire for higher learning and research in the domain of Information Technology. Apart from imparting ability to face the global challenges successfully.
The Department provides well qualified, highly experienced and dedicated faculty members. The teaching and research activity of the Department is supported by a team of Professors, Associate Professors Assistant Professors Grade – I and Assistant Professors who provide and maintain high standards of teaching and learning. All faculty members of the Department are the members of various professional societies and technical bodies like IEEE, ICTACT ,ACM, CSI etc.
Students are active participant in organizing Guest Lectures by eminent persons from Industry as it is the part of Professional Society activities. Students often visit Industries to gain practical knowledge on technical application of the technologies they learn as a part of their course. Competitions like Paper presentation, Quiz and Project presentation are conducted as part of professional society activity, at regular intervals. Annual Symposia is conducted for the benefits of other college students to show their talent. Students are motivated to participate in competitive events that are conducted by various Organizations and Educational Institutions. Students are also encouraged to publish their works as paper in various National/International Conferences and Journals.
IT Department Vision , Mission and PEO'S
To impart technical knowledge through quality education and to develop high employability skills, self-discipline and to bring talented engineering graduates to serve the nation./div>
- To prepare our students to achieve the destination in the field of Information Technology.
- To provide a dynamic learning environment for the students to meet the industry needs.
- To facilitate the students to be technically exposed to the latest tools and technologies.
- To encourage students to do research based project and activities.
The program educational objectives for the Information Technology program describe accomplishments that graduates are expected to attain within four years after graduation and the graduates will be able:
- PEO I: To bestow the students with skills of mathematics, science and basic engineering to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems in Information Technology.
- PEO II: To apply their acquired knowledge in emerging technologies and make them employable in the area of Information Technology.
- PEO III: To be proficient in Information Technology to pursue their higher education or to apply the technical knowledge as practicing professionals in inter-disciplinary projects.
- PEO IV: To conduct themselves with an effective communication skill, leadership qualities and working as a team with ethical values towards social needs.
- PEO V: To improve knowledge, skills and competences within a personal, social and employment-related perspective by learning new technologies in the field of IT.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO I :Basics of Computer System: Ability to understand the principles and working of computer environment. Students can assess hardware and software systems.
- PSO II : Implementation of algorithms: Ability to apply suitable methodologies and algorithms to solve computational task and real time applications using appropriate data structures.
- PSO III : Foundation of Software development and Research: Possess professional skills and knowledge of software design process. Familiarity and practical competence in programming language and open source platforms are useful in creating new career paths and innovative ideas of research field.