To promote a spirit of continuous learning among its students, Panimalar Institute of technology assures peaceful and enriching hours in the library. One of the major highlights of the Panimalar Institute of Technology is its 2239 sq.m. air conditioned central library that has a seating capacity of 136. It has about 23659 volumes and 5980 titles of books that value around Rs. 1.44 Crores.
In addition to which, the library also subscribes to 130 International and National journals and periodicals. In this fully automated library, students and staff members can search for books by author, title or subject heading and their availability.Each student is given 5 library books at a time and they have allocated library hours/week. The Panimalar Library is an institutional member of prestigious libraries such as the British Council Library and Indest Consortium, AICTE Delhi.
National Digital Library of India
Branch wise Resources
|Branch||National Journal||International Journal||Titles||Volumes|
|Humanities and Science||13||6||1029||5092|
- Books will be issued only on of valid user ID card.
- Books borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- Only one renewal can be done at any one time.
- Books will be renewed if there are no reservations.
- Books will have to be physically presented for renewals.
- Users are requested to verify the physical condition of the book/s before borrowing.
- For late return of books, overdue charges will be collected as per rules in force.
- Users are requested to collect receipt for fine amount paid by them.
- Users are requested to deposit their bags/belongings (other than valuables) at the personal belongings counter.
- Users are required to observe silence inside the library.
- Misuse of library facilities is an offence and calls for punishment as decided by the competent authority.
Features of Central Library
Library is automated using Integrated Library Management system (ILMS)
AutoLib software is web enabled, Local Area Network System(LANS).Its developed using programming language for Java in front end and its Back end is MYSQL Database Management used. The version of 2018.
This software consists of 8 modules Database Management Systems, search (OPAC),Counter Management Systems,Acquisition Control Systems, Report Management Systems ,Serial Control Systems(Journals),Administration and Web Module.
It maintains all the activities of the library such as Transactions, Cataloguing ,Data Updating/Editing ,Serial Control,Searching all types of documents, Reports Generating etc.Especially searching the documents by simple search.Advanced search and restricted searches are facilitates users to find out relevant document easily and quickly.All kinds of Report generation can be taken such as daily transaction, unique titles of books, year wise addition, and spending of amount, Member reports etc.
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) facilities users to know the availability of books, searching of documents and borrowing details of documents within campus from the place where they are.
Acquisition Control Systems
Designed to automate various activities involved in book ordering and processing such as
- Checking for duplicate
- Receipt of Documents and Invoice Processing
- Order follow-up, payment to suppliers
- Status report, Vendor Information, etc.
Serial Control System(Journals)
- Creation and maintenance of Journal Master
- Subscription/Renewal of journals
- Invoice Processing, Payment and budget control
- Generation of journal issues with details
- Searching /Browsing
- Create new user log in ID, Password and grant rights to access various modules
- Create Group Master-to set due date, allowed cards for different documents for different categories
- Conduct online stock verification
- Maintain Budget Master
Circulation Management System
This module allows to search various databases using browsers like Internet Explorer or Lan/Intranet environment using web services and it has the following WEB OPAC modules
- Simple search/Advanced search
- Search reports, circulation reports
- Encyclopedia of Britannica : 32 Volumes
- Encyclopedia Americana : 30 Volumes
- Encyclopedic Dictionary of Environmental pollution : 5 Volumes
- Encyclopedia of Management : 7 Volumes
- Environmental Encyclopedia : Single Volume
- Encyclopedia of Bioprocess Technology 5 Volumes
Does the Institution Have the Following E – Journals and E – Books
- E-journals : IEEE, SME,ELSVIER,J-GATE
- E-books : McGRAW HILL
Details Of Software
- Name of ILMS software : AUTOLIB
- Nature of automation (fully or partially ) : Fully
- Version : 2018
- Front end : Java technology
- Back-end : MySQL database Management
- Year of Automation : 25/08/2009
- Collection of rare books, manuscripts, special reports or any other knowledge resources for library enrichment
- Collection of rare books 2,452 : Includes (Encyclopedias ,Handbooks + Dictionaries)
- Subject Related videos 115
- Gate and competitive exam books 450 Nos With higher education and career guidance Project report : 1732
- Library has also made provide for students old exam Question papers for preparing their examination from 2009 onwards.
- For our user to access e-resources through subscription
- IBM Server
- HP Server
- 43 – Clients
- Network connection through twisted –pair cable.
- Internet Connectivity
- 20Mps Internet Speed
- E-Access Service
- CD-Rom Search Service
- Digital Library Service
- Media Resource Service
- Photocopying Service
- Circulation Service
- Reference Service
- Inter Library Loan Service
- News Paper Clipping Service
Special Features of Central Library
- Qualified librarians ensure the best possible information services. Standard textbooks and books by well-known authors are stocked, and every effort is made to obtain all titles recommended by the faculty.
- Multiple copies of popular books are bought to make them available to as many students as possible.
- A copier facility is also provided for the benefit of those who access the library and fully automated for day-to-day operations, the library has a two server and 43 clients.
- All students and faculty of the institute are eligible for the membership of the library.
- The Auto Lib software is used for Library Automation.
- All the books are bar-coded in the library & barcode laser scanners are used in the circulation counter for book transaction.
- List of books by author, title, unique titles, supplier, call number, subjects, department, document type, availability, etc.
- Amount spent for procuring books under various
- List of journals – Indian/Foreign
- List of Members
- Accession register, catalogues
- List of Suppliers/Publishers
- Books, Thesis, Non Books, Projects Reports
- Journals, journal Issues Journal Articles and Back volumes
- Authors, Publishers, Suppliers Subjects
- Handbook of Optics
- Handbook of Mechanical Engineering
- Standard Handbook of Plant Engineering
- Electronic Engineers Handbook
- Environmental Encyclopedia
- Practical Antenne Handbook
- Wireless Broad Band Handbook
- The Communication Handbook
- The RF Transmission Systems Handbook
- Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers
- Marks standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers
- Computer Science and Engineering Handbook
- Handbook of Software for Engineers and Scientists
- Integrated Circuits Applications Handbook
- Handbook of Organization Behiviour
- Production Handbook
- Database System Handbook
- Process/Industrial Instrumentation and Control Handbook
- Handbook of Practical Electrical Design
- CRC Handbook of Electrical Filters
- Automotive Handbook
- Perry’s Chemical Engineers Handbook
- Industrial Control Handbook
- Machinery’s Handbook
- Handbook of Neural Networks Signal Processing
- Communication Technology Handbook
- Chemical Engineer’s Portable Handbook
- Handbook of Software Reliability Engineering
- Juran’s Quality Handbook
- Instrument Engineer’s Handbook
- Electrical/Electronic Motor Handbook
- Control Handbook – vol I to III
- Power Electronics Handbook
- Text Mining Handbook
- Spice Circuit Handbook
- Electronic Filter Design Handbook
- Data Warehouse Management Handbook
- Linear Circuit Design Handbook
- Handbook of Information Technology
- Electronic Instrument Handbook
- Handbook of data mining
- Gas Turbine Engineering Handbook
- Power Electronics Design Handbook
- Newness Electrical Engineers Handbook
- Visualization Handbook
- Handbook of Electric Motors
- Handbook of Applied Cryptography
- CRC Handbook of Mechanical Engineering
- Handbook of Sensor Networks
- Algorithms and Theory of Computation Handbook
- Electric Power Distribution Handbook
- Handbook of Bio-inspired Algorithms and Applications
- Handbook of Signal Processing for Mobile Communications
- Handbook of Automotive Power Electronics and Motor Drives
- Handbook of Dynamic System Modeling
- Induction Machine Design Handbook
- High Performance embedded computing handbook
- Electric power engineering handbook: power systems stability and control
- Electric power engineering handbook: Power systems
- Electric power engineering handbook: Electric Power Substations engineering
- Electric power engineering handbook: Electric Power Generation Transmission and Distribution
- Handbook of power system Engineering
- Handbook of Temporal Reasoning in Artificial intelligence
- Manufacturing Engineering Handbook
- Microwave Engineering Handbook: VOL I to III
- Sensor Technology Handbook
- Solid waste management & Waste minimization technology handbook
- Verilog PLI handbook
- Handbook of computers and computing
- Standard handbook for Engineering calculations
- Handbook of high speed machine
- Standard handbook of metals at high temperature
- Electronic testing handbook
- Linear IC Handbook
- Manufacturing Automation Management Handbook
- McGRAW Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical terms
- Illustrated Oxford Dictionary
- Blackwell Encyclopedic Dictionary of human resource management
- Websters new world college Dictionary
- Cambridge international dictionary of English
- Readers digest universal dictionary
- Cambridge Dictionary of American English
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary
- Oxford Dictionary, Theasaurus& Word power guide
- Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary of current English
- Hargrave’s Communications Dictionary